Cowhide rugs have become a home design trend in recent years. It was always considered a classic look, but it dropped out of fashion over the past decade. However, the leather industry has cleared up many misconceptions about animal cruelty and the adverse environmental effects of leather products. This has created popularity for authentic cowhide rugs, especially the colored variety.
People are getting creative with their home décor and using these cowhide rugs in multiple rooms. The decoration is not just limited to carpeting but also blends with furniture and is hung on walls.
Specialty cowhide rugs promise different colors and prints, adding aesthetic appeal to your home. However, homeowners must be selective about the products they choose, especially if they are opting for a specific look.
Incorrectly blending cowhide rugs in your home with the flooring and furniture may not be a catastrophe. But it can surely make things less stylish if you do not take the time to do your research and choose carefully.
Let’s explore everything you need to know about the cozy allure of colored cowhide rugs for your home.
Why Choose Authentic Cowhide Rugs?
Authentic cowhide rugs are a classic style that can take your home décor to the next level. If you are creative with your rug placement, you can create a completely unique setting for your home.
There are many reasons to choose cowhide rugs. They are available in various colors and spottings, making it possible to use them in different rooms, according to your preferences. Some people like the typical black and white cowhide rug designs. Others like to experiment with different colors to create a lasting impression on their guests.
However, your cowhide rug choice is purely subjective. That means there is no right or wrong when selecting the best one for your home. If you enjoy a particular color in your living space, you should not choose another color or design just because it is 'better.'
Colored cowhide rugs provide homeowners with an opportunity to create a new style. Specialty rugs are available in unique prints and designs, such as leopard or polar bear. This allows people to get creative with the vibe they wish to create in their homes.
The Pros and Cons of Cowhide Rugs
Cowhide rugs can be used to upgrade your home décor. However, new buyers wish to know if they are worth getting beyond the product’s aesthetic appeal. After all, things can look pretty but may fall apart in only a few months or years, making them not worth the investment.
Let's explore the pros and cons of cowhide rugs.
- They are durable. Cowhide rugs are known for their durability and longevity. These products will last decades if maintained properly, allowing homeowners to get good the most out of their investment. Colored cowhide rugs, especially specialty products, can be very expensive. So, durability is an important factor that influences the buyer's decision. Buying authentic cowhide rugsis important because there are many imitation products in the market. These may last a lifetime if you are careful about how you use them, giving you a stylish look for your home.
- They are available in various colors. One of the selling points of cowhide rugs is that they are available in various colors and spottings. Cows may be brown, white, black, or a mixture of different colors. Therefore, cowhide rugs will also look vastly different, depending on what you choose. Some people like brown shades, while others prefer the conventional mixture of white and black. Others may only be looking for unique patterns and designs from specialty products, influencing their decision to buy.
- They are hypoallergenic. Many people suffer from allergies due to dust, debris, pollen, pet dander, etc. These are easily lodged in carpets and rugs, making your home a sneezing ground. However, cowhide rugs are hypoallergenic, meaning they minimize the number of floating pathogens in your home. This means they are a good replacement for other types of rugs, making them an excellent choice for your home. However, you may still need to get hairless cowhide rugs since others will trap dust in the fabric.
- They are easily cleaned. Cowhide rugs are stain-resistant and do not trap a lot of dust in the fabrics. This makes them easy to clean since stains can be removed with a damp cloth and vinegar, while dust can be vacuumed. Leather is generally a stain-repellant material, meaning your cowhide rug will not absorb liquids easily. However, this does not mean you do not vacuum it regularly and remove any stains quickly.
- They are eco-friendly. One of the major selling points of authentic or colored cowhide rugs is that they are eco-friendly in nature. Some types of leather can be hazardous for our health and negatively impact the environment. This is due to toxic materials like phthalates and dioxins that are carcinogenic and harmful to the environment. However, the best businesses selling authentic cowhide rugs only sell eco-friendly products to minimize the impact on the environment. People feel comfortable using these products in their homes because of zero toxicity.
- They create a cozy atmosphere.Cowhide rugs can create a cozy living space in your home. You can choose between different colors and qualities to find the perfect piece for your home. Blending these rugs with your furniture and wooden flooring creates a breathtaking visual effect that adds to the coziness.
- They are expensive. Cowhide rugs can be pretty expensive, especially if you are buying premium and specialty products. You can expect to pay up to 800 USD for an XXL carpet with a unique print or design. This is quite unaffordable for many people who typically have to settle for average qualities. However, if you can increase your price range up to 500 USD, you can still get an excellent piece for your home. Of course, your rug's price is also dependent on its size. The largest ones are the most expensive, so think about the right choice for your needs.
- They are not for everyone.It is true that not everyone likes having cowhide skins in their home. It is an unconventional design or style, meaning the target market will always be somewhat limited. Although there are many options for home décor, such as using these rugs as carpets, hanging them on walls, draping them over furniture, etc., some people will never like them. This is perfectly okay since it is a niche product that is still considered beautiful by many people. However, if you're creating a specific effect in your home, cowhide rugs can look amazing, especially as a center piece in your living room.
What Makes Cowhide Rugs an Amazing Accessory?
Cowhide rugs can make your living space much classier than it is. For decades, hides and furs have been considered a fashion statement. Celebrities were draped in furs back in the day until there was a massive movement against the unnecessary killing of animals and what it promotes.
However, the leather industry has made it clear that it sources eco-friendly products and works alongside the meat industry to acquire by-products.
Cowhide rugs are, therefore, an amazing accessory for your home since they can add instant class to your home. If your room is dull, you can make it much more exciting by adding a cowhide rug in the center
There are also ways to enhance the effect, such as through layering. Layering cowhide rugs on a carpet and blending different colors can create a visually impacting result. It also creates a cozy vibe in your home and allows residents to unwind and relax in a comfortable environment.
Despite it not being a widely accepted style, it is still the perfect choice for a lot of people. Cowhide rugs are not that expensive, especially if you buy these products from a reputed business. On average, you can pay between 200 and 400 USD for premium materials, adding a touch of class to your living space.
The physical properties of cowhide rugs also set them apart from other products. They are durable, easy to maintain, and available in various colors and patterns. This makes them a popular choice for home décor.
Layering and Other Ways to Use Cowhide Rugs in Your Home
Cowhide rugs can transform your home’s appearance for the better. However, there are ways you can arrange and layer them to maximize their appeal in your living space.
If you've got a carpeted floor, you can buy an XXL-size cowhide rug and place it in the center of your room. You can also place a coffee table on top of it, creating a stylish look in your home.
If you have a wooden floor, you can blend different colored cowhide rugs with the décor for a contrasting effect. Some wooden floors and light brown, while others are darker shades. So, it helps to visualize the colors that look best on your floor to create the maximum visual impact.
Layering your cowhide rugs involves using different sizes and stacking them on top of each other. This is an interesting style that requires creativity and knowledge of what looks good. However, you should be careful with your layering approach since it may not produce the result you are aiming for.
XXL and medium-sized rugs will go together. You can also blend XL and small, which can work equally well. But the color choice is important since you can either create a contrast or try to blend similar colors together. You can take inspiration online by looking at designs on websites like Pinterest. Or you can simply copy what looks best to you and purchase those exact colors and sizes from a reputed vendor.
Draping cowhide rugs over furniture is a little more complex. Without looking at designs online, you may not be able to create something that looks good. It is certainly an art and requires experimentation to get the best results.
Some people enjoy hanging cowhide rugs on walls like tapestries. You can do this in your bedroom or hallway, adding spotlights to enhance the effect. Specialty products with unique prints may be too much for simple walls, so it makes sense to choose subtle designs. However, it is your choice to select the designs that look best to you since it is your home.
Cowhide Rugs are Trending as Home Décor Options for 2023
Everyone has a different taste when it comes to home décor. However, cowhide rugs have become part of contemporary home décor designs in 2023.
Many people are looking to experiment with colored cowhide rugs and blending them with the furniture in their homes. There are so many design ideas on the Internet that people are enthused about using cowhide rugs to enhance their home’s visual appeal.
Using these rugs properly can create a warm and cozy environment in your home. If you’re willing to experiment with something new, you might find that it is the best decision you have made regarding home décor.
The leather industry has cleared up any misconceptions about animal cruelty and the sourcing of cowhides. This has allowed people to partake in this modern décor that is also a classic.
The target market has expanded in recent years as people become more comfortable about using animal products in their homes. Cowhide rugs will likely continue to trend in the next five years.
Cowhide Gallery Provides Colored and Authentic Cowhide Rugs
Cowhide Gallery sources its cowhides from reputed tanneries and ensures they are eco-friendly products. Our extensive catalog of calf hide and cowhide rugs can transform your living space for the better.
If you’re looking to take your home décor to the next level, you can visit our website and explore our quality leather-based products.
For more information about premium and authentic cowhide products, call or message +1(817)774-3523.